Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The White Chapel gallery had unique type of arts. The only 
portrait that was interesting was by Picasso. Everything else 
looks as if it was made by kids in preschool to fourth grade. 
There were many pieces that looks as though thrown 
together and decided to display the mess as art.
My trip to the National Gallery became one of my favorite
 galleries. It took me a while to narrow one painting down,
but because I have to, it is The Aronolfino Portrait. The 
intrinsic detail of the two people seen only in the mirror 
made me fall in love with this piece. Arnolfini seems to be 
greeting someone. It was not painted to be literally seen but
 more as a portrait to be analyzed. With a deeper depth of
 analyzation, you can see the subliminal message the artist 
had left. It indicates his name in Latin, "Jan Van Eych was
 here 1434,"The Arnolfini Portrait shows a story I feel as 
though I can read. It also shows that the couple has a cat as
 a pet. Even though the wife is not pregnant in this picture,
 I can tell she wants a family. The cat symbolizes 
the only thing she cares for.

No comments:

Post a Comment